lime icon

Phosphorus and Lime

A Developer's Broadsheet

This blog has been deprecated. Please visit my new blog at klenwell.com/press.
Google Base: We control all your base
Apparently, Google's new service has eBay and Craiglist shaking in their boots. I confess, I'd take a little satisfaction in seeing Google eat Craiglist lunch, if only as a kind of poetic justice.

Disclosure: a few months ago, I approached Craiglist with an that would have dramatically diversified their operation. They wouldn't even hear it. On the one hand, I can't really blame them -- I'm sure they get approached with a lot of crackpot ideas (when they're not being posted on their bulletin boards.) They seem content to ride their charmingly clunky content management system into the ground. But they're going to be desperate for crackpot ideas once Google moves in on their racket.