lime icon

Phosphorus and Lime

A Developer's Broadsheet

This blog has been deprecated. Please visit my new blog at klenwell.com/press.
Deep Web
My curiosity about IPv6 led me to meander from its Wikipedia entry over to this entry on the Dark Web:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_web

This was something of more practical interest to me back in graduate school, where I would often search in vain for more or less obscure academic articles online in the hope I could save myself a trip to the library. There were a few closed databases like JSTOR that I gravitated towards as a student in the humanities.

Now, outside the academy, I still long at times for the unfettered access to such databases enrollment at a major university with a well-funded, major research library provided.

The wikipedia article mentions a few services which claim to index the dark web. Tried goshme.com. Looks potentially useful, or at least novel. I'll have to try it again when I have something darker to look for.