lime icon

Phosphorus and Lime

A Developer's Broadsheet

This blog has been deprecated. Please visit my new blog at klenwell.com/press.
PHP: Secure Login
After some difficulties in trying to integrate a PHP/MySQL login library using the shared SSL certificate on a cheap, shared host, I started thinking about ways to implement a login class that didn't require SSL but would still not send sensitive info in the clear. I googled the terms "php javascript login hash" and found this page:

PHP - Implementing Secure Login with PHP, JavaScript, and Sessions (without SSL)

The same basic idea -- even uses the JS md5 library I had used in my mushpup site. Mine would be a little different in that it would query a SQL database, raising questions about the compatability of the JS md5 function and MySQL's.