lime icon

Phosphorus and Lime

A Developer's Broadsheet

This blog has been deprecated. Please visit my new blog at klenwell.com/press.
Spam Control: Gmail
There was some buzz recently in the blogosphere about spammers breaking Gmail and I noticed myself that more spam (3-4 per day?) were making it into my inbox. It appears, however, Google has got the problem back under control. I'd guess that I'm still averaging 1-2 spam in my inbox a day. But I just looked in my spam box and I'm averaging about a dozen spams today. (Any false positives? I didn't notice any but I confess I don't look all that hard.)

So it looks, for the time being at least, that Google turned the tide and kept it manageable. How much of this is a result of my own spam marking, I'm not sure. But I'm appreciative in any event.